- Family’s beloved pup disappears in Florida… turns up a year and a half later in New York.
- Pierogies made for a closed Broadway musical get a second chance in a new restaurant.
- Dumb Crooks: If you’re gonna rob a gas station… make sure you have a full tank.
- Off-road vehicle driver in Australia finds an unexpected stowaway.
This Week In History
- Sunday, 9/17: Presidio founded, 1776; Constitution signed, 1787; Battle of Antietam, 1862
- Monday, 9/18: Capitol cornerstone laid, 1793; Panic of 1873 begins; CIA, NSC and independent USAF established, 1947
- Tuesday, 9/19: Bacon torches Jamestown, 1676; Chickamauga begins, 1863; Battle of Hurtgen Forest kicks off, 1944
- Wednesday, 9/20: Siege of Jerusalem begins, 1187; Chester A. Arthur takes Presidential oath, 1881; War on Terror declared, 2001
- Thursday, 9/21: Brits torch NYC, 1776; B-29 Superfortress and XB-70 Valkyrie bombers first fly, respectively 1942 and 1964
- Friday, 9/22: Office of Postmaster General established, 1789; nationwide steel strike begins, 1919; Dead Sea Scrolls first made accessible to public, 1991
- Saturday, 9/23: Jones loses Bonhomme Richard but takes Serapis, 1779; first airmail delivery, 1911; Marley’s last concert, 1980
Today’s Birthdays: Writers Upton Sinclair, 1878 and George R.R. Martin, 1948; actress Sophia Loren, 1934.
Holidays Around the World: It’s Universal Children’s Day in Germany, Constitution Day in Nepal and Oil Workers’ Day in Azerbaijan.
This Week In History is compiled with assistance from History.com and Wikipedia. Something interesting not listed here? Please share in the Comments section–this is an Audience Participation Encouraged featurette.
Gratuitous Gun Giveaways
- *American Handgunner magazine, for a Glock 19 Gen 5 9mm or Coonan Arms .357 Magnum 1911 pistol package: http://americanhandgunner.com/giveaway/
- *Guns Magazine, for a Coonan Arms .357 Magnum 1911 pistol, EAA Tanfoglio pistol or BlackSword Scythe AR15 package: http://gunsmagazine.com/giveaway/
- Davidson’s Gallery of Guns, for a Browning 1911-380 Black Label Compact pistol or Maxus Realtree Max-5 12-gauge shotgun: https://ggg.galleryofguns.com/
- *Aero Precision, for a custom AR15: http://gvwy.io/xonvd81
- GrabAGun, for a Springfield Armory 1911 “Mil-Spec” stainless .45: http://grabagun.com/giveaway
*Note: FMG Publishing giveaways require you to provide an FFL dealer’s info at entry. Aero Precision giveaways give me one entry each per person who uses my referral link.
Quote of the Day
We have a two-fer this week on Fat Boy Kim…
If the fat boy Rocket Man doesn’t get his s%&t together, we’re going to fly a cruise missile up his dirt chute and blow his guts all over the countryside.
I’m hoping there’s some kind of giant Goldfinger laser in orbit zapping them…
Fatboy: “Do you really expect me to stop shooting my missiles????”
Trump: “No, Mr Nork, I expect you to die!!!!” (Maniacal laugh, followed by sizzling sounds. Camera pulls out to show dear leader’s residence melting due to a giant laser beam…)
–user “pinzgauer” at M4Carbine.net
As always, the Watercooler is an Open Thread. Something on your mind? Sound Off here!
The post RS Watercooler Open Thread, 9/20/17: Gunfighting Lesson from Wyatt Earp appeared first on RedState.
Source: Red State