Read Jaw-Dropping Statement Ex-FBI No. 2 Andrew McCabe Released After He Was Fired

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe released a blistering statement on Friday night after he was fired by Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The firing came just days before McCabe was set to retire.

“Here is the reality: I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey,” the statement stated. “The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed the I would corroborate former Director Comey’s accounts of his discussions with the President.”

Sessions said in his own statement that he fired McCabe after the OIG and FBI Office of Professional Responsibility “concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor — including under oath — on multiple occasions.”

Chris Kleponis-Pool/Getty Images

Read McCabe’s very blunt statement below:

I have been an FBI Special Agent for over 21 years. I spent half of that time investigating Russian Organized Crime as a street agent and Supervisor in New York City. I have spent the second half of my career focusing on national security issues and protecting this country from terrorism. I served in some of the most challenging, demanding investigative and leadership roles in the FBI. And I was privileged to serve as Deputy Director during a particularly tough time.

For the last year and a half, my family and I have been the targets of an unrelenting assault on our reputation and my service to this country. Articles too numerous to count have leveled every sort of false, defamatory and degrading allegation against us. The president’s tweets have amplified and exacerbated it all. He called for my firing. He called for me to be stripped of my pension after more than 20 years of service. And all along we have said nothing, never wanting to distract from the mission of the FBI by addressing the lies told and repeated about it.

No more.

The investigation by the Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) has to be understood in the context of the attacks on my credibility. The investigation flows from my attempt to explain the FBI’s involvement and my supervision of investigations involving Hillary Clinton. I was being portrayed in the media over and over as a political partisan, accused of closing down investigations under political pressure. The FBI was portrayed as caving under that pressure, and making decisions for political rather than law enforcement purposes. Nothing was further from the truth. In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau and to make it clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed.

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter. It was the same type of exchange with the media that the Deputy Director oversees several times per week. In fact it was the same type of work that I continued to do under Director Wray, at his request. The investigation subsequently focused on who I talked to, when I talked to them, and so forth. During these inquiries, I answered questions truthfully and as accurately as I could amidst the chaos that surrounded me. And when I thought my answers were misunderstood, I contacted investigators to correct them.

But looking at that in isolation completely misses the big picture. The big picture is a tale of what can happen when law enforcement is politicized, public servants are attacked, and people who are supposed to cherish and protect our institutions become instruments for damaging those institutions and people.

Here is the reality: I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey. The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed that I would corroborate former Director Comey’s accounts of his discussions with the President. The OIG’s focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn. The accelerated release of the report, and the punitive actions taken in response, make sense only when viewed through this lens. Thursday’s comments from the White House are just the latest example of this.

This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally. It is part of this Administration’s ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel’s work.

I have always prided myself on serving my country with distinction and integrity, and I have always encouraged those around me to do the same. Just ask them. To have my career end in this way, and to be accused of lacking candor when at worst I was distracted in the misty fo chaotic events, is incredibly disappointing and unfair. But it will not erase the important work I was prevailed to be a part of, the results of which will in the end be revealed for the country to see.

I have unfailing faith in the men and women of the FBI and I am confident that their efforts to seek justice will not be deterred.

Because McCabe was fired before he could retire, a portion of his pension is now reportedly in jeopardy.

Source: Independent Journal Review


AG Jeff Sessions Fires Ex-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe Just Days Before He Retires

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced on Friday that he has fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe — just days before he was set to retire.

McCabe quickly found himself in President Donald Trump’s crosshairs amid allegations that he “authorized the disclosure of sensitive information to a reporter and misled investigators when asked about it,” according to the Washington Post.

McCabe was planning on retiring Sunday, his 50th birthday, which would have made him eligible for early retirement benefits.

However, being fired puts part of his pension in serious question, CNN reported:

Considering McCabe’s number of years at the agency and estimations of his high-level pay grade, formulas published by the US Office of Personnel Management for law enforcement officers show that his yearly payout could hit in the area of $60,000 each year, if McCabe were to retire after his birthday on Sunday.

If he were to be fired before Sunday, it appears likely McCabe could be docked his pension until he hits another, later age milestone.

Additionally, McCabe could reportedly lose his so-called “law enforcement boost” to his pension and future health care coverage.

Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

The Washington Post has more details on what ultimately led Sessions to fire McCabe:

Justice Department Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz has for some time been working on a report that blasts McCabe for allowing two high-ranking bureau officials to sit down with the Wall Street Journal as the news outlet prepared a report in 2016 on an investigation into Hillary Clinton’s family foundation, then misleading the inspector general’s team about his actions. A person familiar with the matter said Horowitz’s findings are what sparked the Office of Professional Responsibility’s recommendation, which was first reported by the New York Times. Horowitz’s report has not been released, and McCabe denies having misled anyone, a person familiar with the case said.

The shocking news will certainly set the political world on fire and will be discussed at great length over the coming days.

Source: Independent Journal Review


Student With Anti-NRA Sign Goes Viral — Because of Painfully Ironic Message on Her Sweatshirt

A photo of a student supposedly protesting the NRA during Wednesday’s so-called “National Walkout” was going viral — but only because of the almost unbelievable irony on display.

The unidentified student is seen holding a sign that reads, “NRA there is blood on your hands.” However, if you look closer, you will see the student is also wearing a sweatshirt that directly contradicts the anti-gun message she is pushing.

Facebook

Do you see it?

Facebook

The sweatshirt has the word “Spartans,” the date 480 B.C., and “Molon labe,” a Greek phrase regularly used by pro-gun advocates that literally means “come and take them.”

A Facebook user shared the photo and explained in detail why the photo is so ironic:

In 480 BC, the Persian king Xerxes demanded that the Spartans give up their weapons. King Leonidas responded with the phrase ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (molon labe) which meant “Come and take them.” This led to the Battle of Thermopylae, in which a small group of Greek warriors held off a far superior group of Persians for three days.

Similarly, in 1831, the Mexican army gave a small piece of field artillery to settlers in Gonzales, Texas, to help them fend off Indian attacks. At the onset of the Texas Revolution, the Mexican army asked for the cannon back. In response, the settlers raised a homemade flag with an image of the weapon and the words “Come and Take It” emblazoned across it.

The twin phrases “ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ/molon labe” and “Come and Take It” have become synonymous with the promotion of the Second Amendment and other fundamental liberties. They are antithetical to the idea of unilateral disarmament.

Today, snowflakes across the country walked out of class to protest “gun violence” and demand new confiscatory gun laws. The poorly informed young woman in the photo was part of today’s Tide Pod Walkout. Note the slogan (and date) on her shirt, and the protest sign in her hands.

Seriously—this is the most ironic photo I’ve seen in a long time.

The Facebook post had already been shared over 75,000 times as of Thursday night.

Clearly, the man is not a fan of the National Walkout. However, it should be noted that it’s not entirely clear exactly when and where the photo of the student protester was taken.

Source: Independent Journal Review


Student Leaves Class for 'National Walkout Day' — Looks Around and Realizes He's All Alone

A high school student in Wilson, North Carolina, decided to leave class on Wednesday to take part in the so-called “National Walkout Day” in protest of gun violence.

But when he got outside, he realized he was standing all alone.

Twitter/Screengrab

In a video posted on Twitter, 16-year-old Justin Blackman explained that he was the only one of his classmates to join the walkout movement. The school, Wilson Preparatory Academy, has about 700 students.

“It’s National Walkout Day, I’m the only one from my school out here,” he said, panning the video around to show the calm, empty school campus. “I’m just going to be chilling here.”

While Blackman was disappointed none of his classmates joined him, he did not get in any trouble for walking out. In fact, someone at the school congratulated him.

A school spokesperson told CNN:

“We teach our students to be independent thinkers. [Blackman] is an independent thinker.”

Thousands of students across the country participated in National Walkout Day, many of them demanding stronger gun control laws and criticizing the National Rifle Association.

In Manhattan, students chanted, “Hey, hey, NRA, how many kids did you kill today?”

The issue of gun control remains at the forefront of American politics after a deranged gunman opened fire at a high school in Parkland, Fla., killing 17 people.

Source: Independent Journal Review


Student Leaves Class for 'National Walkout Day' — Looks Around and Realizes He's All Alone

A high school student in Wilson, North Carolina, decided to leave class on Wednesday to take part in the so-called “National Walkout Day” in protest of gun violence.

But when he got outside, he realized he was standing all alone.

Twitter/Screengrab

In a video posted on Twitter, 16-year-old Justin Blackman explained that he was the only one of his classmates to join the walkout movement. The school, Wilson Preparatory Academy, has about 700 students.

“It’s National Walkout Day, I’m the only one from my school out here,” he said, panning the video around to show the calm, empty school campus. “I’m just going to be chilling here.”

While Blackman was disappointed none of his classmates joined him, he did not get in any trouble for walking out. In fact, someone at the school congratulated him.

A school spokesperson told CNN:

“We teach our students to be independent thinkers. [Blackman] is an independent thinker.”

Thousands of students across the country participated in National Walkout Day, many of them demanding stronger gun control laws and criticizing the National Rifle Association.

In Manhattan, students chanted, “Hey, hey, NRA, how many kids did you kill today?”

The issue of gun control remains at the forefront of American politics after a deranged gunman opened fire at a high school in Parkland, Fla., killing 17 people.

Source: Independent Journal Review